- "A long, long time ago, it was a night of great power. When the days grew short, and the spirits of the dead returned to their homes to warm themselves by the fireside. All across the land, huge bonfires were lit. Oh, there was a marvelous celebration. People danced, and they played games, and they dressed up in costumes, hoping to ward off the evil spirits, especially ... the bogeyman."
- ―Mrs. Blankenship to Danny Strode[src]
|Portrayed By:||Janice Knickrehm|
|First Appearance:||Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers|
Mrs. Blankenship was a member of the Cult of Thorn who appeared to be a very quiet woman that owned a boarding house in which Tommy Doyle and Beth lived. Back on October 31, 1963 she babysat Michael Myers and his babysitter. She told Michael the story behind Halloween and he said to her that he heard voices that told him to kill his older sister Judith. Mrs. Blankenship did nothing to stop him and quite possibly sent him across the street to do the voice's evil bidding by killing his sister.
Thirty-two years later, Mrs. Blankenship told the same story of Halloween to Danny Strode who, like Michael, also heard voices telling him to kill. Later that night, Mrs. Blankenship was told by Terence Wynn to take Steven Lloyd while he dealt with Sam Loomis, Tommy Doyle and Kara Strode. She did as asked and when she was apprached by Kara, Mrs. Blankenship revealed her true self and gave the baby to Wynn.
Five years later, Mrs. Blankenship learned that former sheriff Leigh Brackett had returned to Haddonfield, and set out with some of the cult members to find and stop Brackett and Tommy. She found them in the outskirts of town and captured both men. She had them taken to Haddonfield Church and talked with the priest about what to do with them. Blankenship thought they should both be killed as they knew too much. The Priest told her that they should be worried about Michael but he was of no concern to Blankenship as she thought they could contain him. Later that night, she came back to the church to discover that it was destroyed and the only survivors were Michael and Tommy. The cult then placed Tommy in Smith's Grove. It is unknown what happened to Blankenship after this incident.
- Halloween III: Season of the Witch (Mentioned)
- Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers
- Halloween II: The Blackest Eyes
Notes & TriviaEdit
- Mrs. Blankenship's name is a reference to a character named Minnie Blankenship in Halloween III: Season of the Witch.